Translate this blog

Monday, August 6, 2012

Elephant!

Let me get these links out of the way first.The links are to the pattern I used to make my Elephant (I find it easier to post links to patterns links in the beginning rather than posting them throughout my post)  Link to the Padma pattern on Ravelry: Padma pattern page on Ravelry. Here is the link directly to the pattern: Direct link to Padma pattern

I wasn't planning on making any amigurumi for the Ravellenic Games, but that changed. One of the patterns for my Ravelry group, Awesome Amigurumi, August CAL was Padma designed by Dawn Toussaint. All I can say is, "Wow!" One of my least favorite things about amigurumi is sewing on or together the pieces. I didn't have to do any sewing with this pattern! No sewing! It is fantastic! The ears are crocheted on! It is difficult to explain, so I am not going to try to explain it, I would just suggest you try this pattern out (or at least take a peak at it).

I did have trouble with my stitch count (my stitch count was off for nearly the entire body) I know where I went wrong, but I didn't go back and fix it because I wasn't really worried about it. In the end it turned out okay :)
I haven't finished an amigurumi project in a while and I have really missed making them. 
Here is my finished elephant

I decided to only do one hat for my Ravellenic Game projects. I don't think I will get too many more projects done for the games because school starts this Thursday for me (August 9th). I am going to try and start posting regularly. I am planning on trying to post once a week, but right now I am not sure what days. Hopefully, I will know a little bit more soon. I get the schedule of my classes tomorrow (August 7th)


Have a great day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment